Doug Seidel (soundcloud.com/douglasmseidel) makes music with homemade and premade acoustic and electronic instruments and devices and stuff.
Doug studied music with Ben Boretz at Bard College, and played with the bands No Safety and Carey's Problem in the late 1980's.
released 01 March 2012
- 1 / rubberbands, claps, banjo, bells, electronics, pots & pans, thread. Jem Seidel plays the violin.
- 2 / homemade CMOS instruments, soup pot, zither, bells, bamboo flutes.
- 3 / drums, homemade CMOS instruments (one low, one high), bass, bamboo flutes, monotron, guitar.
- 4 / banjo, bass, drums, Micah singing, electronics.
- 5 / whisling, rubber bands, electric harmonium, my aunt Charlene's chickens, played through a cell phone, electronics, banjo, drums, Lena singing.
- 6 / banjo, oscillators, hammer dulcimer, thread, bell, Lena singing.
- 7 / banjo, mismatched patterns via pure data.
- 8 / homemade electronics, ceramic slabs, pure data, clapping.
- 9 / homemade electronics, hammer dulcimer, drums, bell, Grandma Owlett's voice, banjo. Includes part of a tape recording to my brother from our Grandma Owlett, 1961.
- 10 / singing, electric harmonium and drums via tape loops on reel to reel tape machine, small bell, more drums.
- 11 / piano, bass, banjo, guitar, drums, claps, rubber band, electronics, electric harmonium.
Recorded in 2011.
Cover design by Kobbi Nissim.
Jem Seidel plays violin on 1.
Micah sings on 4.
Lena sings on 5 & 6.
Grandma Owlett's voice from 1961 on 9